Membership Payment Policy
To ensure that membership payment practices are consistent, transparent and ensure that all membership fees are collected in a timely manner to assist the clubs financial viability.
Cost and support to parents
Membership fees for the Lara Basketball Club are compulsory and contribute towards the cost of hall hire for training, registration and affiliation fees to Basketball Geelong and the cost of trophies at the end of the Championship (winter) season. The Lara Basketball Club Committee reviews the membership fees yearly and makes every effort to keep costs to a minimum.
Fees are as follows:
Lara Basketball Club Membership Fee
To be paid prior to the beginning of the season. We will allow a grace period of 1 month after the start of the season.
$60 Senior/Junior membership season. Second family member $50, third $40
Basketball Geelong Annual Registration & Insurance Fee (Must be paid direct to Basketball Geelong before playing your first game)
$90 Juniors (online) / $90 Seniors (online)
$10 per game fee Juniors & Seniors (Paid direct to Basketball Geelong at the stadiums)
For Pre Paid Tickets contact Basketball Geelong
REQUEST FOR PAYMENT
The Lara Basketball Club Committee will ensure that:
- information on payment options is available, accessible and easily understood to all parents so that they know what to expect and what supports they can access
- parents are provided with early notice of annual membership fees. This enables parents to save and budget accordingly
- the status and details of any financial arrangements are kept confidential and only shared with relevant personnel
The fees coordinator will ensure that
- membership fees are received prior to the beginning of the season and any membership fees outstanding after the 1 months grace period will be monitored.
- Contact will be made with the contact person of the player with outstanding fees, by either email, phone or text with the intention of collecting full payment or establishing a payment plan.
- If contact cannot be made after 3 attempts, the player will be deemed to have ceased membership with the club and will no longer be able to train or play for the club. The relevant coach will be notified.
- If payment is refused or communication is not resulting in any payment, the player will be deemed to have ceased membership with the club and will no longer be able to train or play for the club. The relevant coach will be notified.
Support for families
Families may experience financial difficulties and may be unable to meet the full membership fee requested. The fees coordinator and the committee exercise sensitivity to the differing financial circumstances of their members and their families when considering payment requests. Our fees coordinator is very approachable and is more than willing to listen to any issue you may have. A payment plan may be negotiated over a longer period.
Payment arrangements and methods
We realize that the beginning of the year may be a difficult time financially for families. For that reason, if you are unable to pay the membership fees in full then a payment plan may be arranged. Feel free to see our Fees Coordinator if you need to make payment arrangements.
Available payment methods:
Our preferred method of payment is through the Sporting Pulse online registration and payment as you can update or confirm your contact details at the same time. This is important so we can communicate effectively with our club members.
The LBC website is at www.laragiants.org.au and there is a link at the top of the LBC website page to the right of the Giants logo “Club Membership” to register and pay membership fees.
Other options are a direct debit to our Bendigo Bank account or contact our fees coorindator to make arrangements to pay by cash or cheque. If you direct debit to our bank account make sure you enter your name as a reference otherwise we cannot match your payment to you.
Our bank account details are:
Bendigo Bank account
If you believe none of the options are suited to you and would like to arrange something else please contact our fees coordinator.
Uniform day for new players. Spaces are limited & must be booked in due to covid restrictions https://www.trybooking.com/book/sessions?eid=637453&ses=1937555
FREE Girls Only Clinic with Australia Opal / Geelong Supercat Steph Blicavs Sunday MArch 15th – Under 10s & U12s 12pm, U14s & above 1pm Registrations required at https://forms.gle/tKY21YPZQpmm7UZn9
Junior Presentatio Day Sat March 14 at St Anthony’s Primary School Under 10s & Little Giants 4pm U12s & U14s 5pm U16 & U18s (inc U20 girls) 6pm
Lara Basketball Club would like to advise all that the our Annual General Meeting will take place on Sunday October 13th at 7pm at the Lara Community Centre on Waverly Road Lara. All positions will be vacated & we will elect a new committee. For more info contact Jason on 0417306327
Sunday October 6 at St Anthonys Primary School. Cash or Card Welcome 10am Surnames A to D 11am Surnames E to K 12pm Surnames L to Q 1pm Surnames R to Z 2pm Alternate Time
Junior Presentation Day is booked in for Saturday September 21st. 11am Little Giants & U10s from . 12pm U12s & U14s at 12pm 1:30pm Club awards, Service awards & U16s & U18s. We will have the BBQ going all day for you to grab a snag as well as our merch tent will be set […]
Uniform day for our new uniforms
For the first time ever we are having a summer presentation day. With so many of our junior players only playing summer we felt it was only far we put on a special presentation day for all the kids & their hard work over a hot summer. There will be trophies for u12s & above, […]
Bunnings BBQ Sunday Feb 24 Book your spot to help https://www.trybooking.com/book/event?eid=467320&here
Lara Giants Junior Presentation Day (including Little Giants) is Sunday September 23rd at St Anthony’s Primary School.