Membership Payment Policy
To ensure that membership payment practices are consistent, transparent and ensure that all membership fees are collected in a timely manner to assist the clubs financial viability.
Cost and support to parents
Membership fees for the Lara Basketball Club are compulsory and contribute towards the cost of hall hire for training, registration and affiliation fees to Basketball Geelong and the cost of trophies at the end of the Championship (winter) season. The Lara Basketball Club Committee reviews the membership fees yearly and makes every effort to keep costs to a minimum.
Fees are as follows:
Lara Basketball Club Membership Fee
To be paid prior to the beginning of the season. We will allow a grace period of 1 month after the start of the season.
$50 Senior/Junior membership season. Second family member $40, third $30
Basketball Geelong Annual Registration & Insurance Fee (Must be paid direct to Basketball Geelong before playing your first game)
$75 Juniors (online) / $75 Seniors (online)
$10 per game fee Juniors & Seniors (Paid direct to Basketball Geelong at the stadiums)
For Pre Paid Tickets contact Basketball Geelong
REQUEST FOR PAYMENT
The Lara Basketball Club Committee will ensure that:
- information on payment options is available, accessible and easily understood to all parents so that they know what to expect and what supports they can access
- parents are provided with early notice of annual membership fees. This enables parents to save and budget accordingly
- the status and details of any financial arrangements are kept confidential and only shared with relevant personnel
The fees coordinator will ensure that
- membership fees are received prior to the beginning of the season and any membership fees outstanding after the 1 months grace period will be monitored.
- Contact will be made with the contact person of the player with outstanding fees, by either email, phone or text with the intention of collecting full payment or establishing a payment plan.
- If contact cannot be made after 3 attempts, the player will be deemed to have ceased membership with the club and will no longer be able to train or play for the club. The relevant coach will be notified.
- If payment is refused or communication is not resulting in any payment, the player will be deemed to have ceased membership with the club and will no longer be able to train or play for the club. The relevant coach will be notified.
Support for families
Families may experience financial difficulties and may be unable to meet the full membership fee requested. The fees coordinator and the committee exercise sensitivity to the differing financial circumstances of their members and their families when considering payment requests. Our fees coordinator is very approachable and is more than willing to listen to any issue you may have. A payment plan may be negotiated over a longer period.
Payment arrangements and methods
We realize that the beginning of the year may be a difficult time financially for families. For that reason, if you are unable to pay the membership fees in full then a payment plan may be arranged. Feel free to see our Fees Coordinator if you need to make payment arrangements.
Available payment methods:
Our preferred method of payment is through the Sporting Pulse online registration and payment as you can update or confirm your contact details at the same time. This is important so we can communicate effectively with our club members.
The LBC website is at www.laragiants.org.au and there is a link at the top of the LBC website page to the right of the Giants logo “Club Membership” to register and pay membership fees.
Other options are a direct debit to our Bendigo Bank account or contact our fees coorindator to make arrangements to pay by cash or cheque. If you direct debit to our bank account make sure you enter your name as a reference otherwise we cannot match your payment to you.
Our bank account details are:
Bendigo Bank account
If you believe none of the options are suited to you and would like to arrange something else please contact our fees coordinator.
Lara Giants Uniform Day is booked in for Saturday October 6 at St Anthony’s Primary. Collect your uniform & your Lara merch as well as pay your club membership on the day u10s / u12s at 2pm u14s / u16s /u18s at 3pm Little Giants & Seniors 3:30pm
Lara Giants Junior Presentation Day (including Little Giants) is Sunday September 23rd at St Anthony’s Primary School.
Lara Basketball Club would like to advise all that the our Annual General Meeting will take place on Sunday August 26th at 7pm at the Lara Community Centre on Waverly Road Lara. All positions will be vacated & we will elect a new committee. For more info contact Jason on 0417306327
Dolly’s Disco Bingo is the original music bingo company in Australia. Instead of numbers, we play well know tunes. To book your tickets contact Bridie: 0431 783 323
Winter Uniform Day is Saturday April 14 at 2pm at Lara Lake Primary
The Trivia Night is back, a great night is guaranteed. Book your tickets now
Book your spot to help our club at one of our biggest fund raisers https://www.trybooking.com/book/event?eid=331046
Limited spots available. Contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with your childs name & DOB to secure your spot
Come & get your new uniform or pick up some merchandise on Sunday Oct 8 at 2:30pm. More details to follow
The Lara Giants Junior Presentation Day will be on Sunday Oct 1st at St Anthony’s Primary School – Mary McKillip Hall- Kees Rd gate entry. Under 10s & under 12s begin at 11am. Followed by a free bbq lunch & merchandise store. At 1pm we will be doing the club service awards, club champions.