Membership Payment Policy
To ensure that membership payment practices are consistent, transparent and ensure that all membership fees are collected in a timely manner to assist the clubs financial viability.
Cost and support to parents
Membership fees for the Lara Basketball Club are compulsory and contribute towards the cost of hall hire for training, registration and affiliation fees to Basketball Geelong and the cost of trophies at the end of the Championship (winter) season. The Lara Basketball Club Committee reviews the membership fees yearly and makes every effort to keep costs to a minimum.
Fees are as follows:
Lara Basketball Club Membership Fee
To be paid prior to the beginning of the season. We will allow a grace period of 1 month after the start of the season.
$60 Senior/Junior membership season. Second family member $50, third $40
Basketball Geelong Annual Registration & Insurance Fee (Must be paid direct to Basketball Geelong before playing your first game)
$90 Juniors (online) / $90 Seniors (online)
$10 per game fee Juniors & Seniors (Paid direct to Basketball Geelong at the stadiums)
For Pre Paid Tickets contact Basketball Geelong
REQUEST FOR PAYMENT
The Lara Basketball Club Committee will ensure that:
- information on payment options is available, accessible and easily understood to all parents so that they know what to expect and what supports they can access
- parents are provided with early notice of annual membership fees. This enables parents to save and budget accordingly
- the status and details of any financial arrangements are kept confidential and only shared with relevant personnel
The fees coordinator will ensure that
- membership fees are received prior to the beginning of the season and any membership fees outstanding after the 1 months grace period will be monitored.
- Contact will be made with the contact person of the player with outstanding fees, by either email, phone or text with the intention of collecting full payment or establishing a payment plan.
- If contact cannot be made after 3 attempts, the player will be deemed to have ceased membership with the club and will no longer be able to train or play for the club. The relevant coach will be notified.
- If payment is refused or communication is not resulting in any payment, the player will be deemed to have ceased membership with the club and will no longer be able to train or play for the club. The relevant coach will be notified.
Support for families
Families may experience financial difficulties and may be unable to meet the full membership fee requested. The fees coordinator and the committee exercise sensitivity to the differing financial circumstances of their members and their families when considering payment requests. Our fees coordinator is very approachable and is more than willing to listen to any issue you may have. A payment plan may be negotiated over a longer period.
Payment arrangements and methods
We realize that the beginning of the year may be a difficult time financially for families. For that reason, if you are unable to pay the membership fees in full then a payment plan may be arranged. Feel free to see our Fees Coordinator if you need to make payment arrangements.
Available payment methods:
Our preferred method of payment is through the Sporting Pulse online registration and payment as you can update or confirm your contact details at the same time. This is important so we can communicate effectively with our club members.
The LBC website is at www.laragiants.org.au and there is a link at the top of the LBC website page to the right of the Giants logo “Club Membership” to register and pay membership fees.
Other options are a direct debit to our Bendigo Bank account or contact our fees coorindator to make arrangements to pay by cash or cheque. If you direct debit to our bank account make sure you enter your name as a reference otherwise we cannot match your payment to you.
Our bank account details are:
Bendigo Bank account
If you believe none of the options are suited to you and would like to arrange something else please contact our fees coordinator.
7pm Sunday Nov 20 Lara Community Centre – Youth Room All positions will be declared vacant & a new committee will be elected. If you are passionate about helping our club as we head into the most important time in our 30 year history we would love for you to come along.
Notice of Annual General Meeting Sunday 20th November 7pm Lara Community Centre – Youth Room Waverly Road Lara
Uniform day is on Thursday 15th September at the St Anthony’s Church on Kees Road. All new players from u10s to seniors will require a Lara Giants reversible uniform. For those of you who tried on and ordered a uniform at try outs, please come along to collect your uniform between 5.30 and 8pm. You […]
Junior Presentation Day 12:30pm Little, Pipsqueaks & Mighty Giants 1pm U12 Girls 1:30pm U14s 2:30pm U10 3:30pm U16s & u18s 4pm Club Champs 4:30pm U12 Boys
Saturday & Sunday September 10th & 11th. Corio Leisuretime Centre – Anakie Road
Join us for our free clinic on Sunday August 28 at Corio Leisure Centre. For more information visit www.laragiants.org.au/giantclinic22
Celebrate the end of our winter season with plenty of trophies & medals for our junior sides. Details to be confirmed
Registrations for our upcoming summer season close August 31. Register now at www.laragiants.org.au/summer23
For our new players for summer season or our existing players needing a new uniform here is the chance to grab your uniform & be ready for the new season. More details to come
Summer Presentation Day, a chance to celebrate all our wonderful achievements. More details to come but we will be working thru from u10s at 12pm & going thru each age group one at a time